Updated on June 10th, 2020 v1.0,
SkywardairVirtual complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR valid from May 2018) and with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). The European Union does not have an independent law that addresses the protection of children’s data similar to the United States’ Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. Rather, it addresses the protection of children’s data throughout its General Data Protection Regulation by indicating which provisions within the GDPR warrant a higher standard to protect children’s data. Aside from vagueness as to the requirements for parental consent, however, the GDPR’s provisions may still provide for as strong an application and thus as strong protection of children’s data as COPPA.
This policy has been put in place to achieve the following aims:
● to comply with the law, particularly the EU General Data Protection Regulation and with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA).
● to ensure good data protection practice
● to protect members, staff, and other individuals
● to protect the SkywardairVirtual organization
Pilots must be a minimum 16 years of age in order to apply for VSO membership and fly with SkywardairVirtual.
SkywardairVirtual collects the following personal data:
● First name,
● last name, password,
● email address, Country and City,
● VATSIM ID,
● IVAO VID.
Our website is powered by a third-party application: VAM Virtual Airline Manager as our main platform.
We collect information from you when you register for the airline, register on our website, fill out a form, or submit any external information through a third-party application powered by
VAM Virtual Airline Manager (i.e. submitting a PIREP). When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, age, etc. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
By applying to SkywardairVirtual and using our site and services, you are giving SkywardairVirtual permission to collect personal data that will only be used by SkywardairVirtual.
SkywardairVirtual uses your data for the purpose of conducting services offered by SkywardairVirtual such as but not limited to the participation as a SkywardairVirtual pilot, pilot certifications, pilot
advancements, access to Aircraft, scenery, and awards offered by SkywardairVirtual. Some of this data is also used in cookies. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider
transfers to your computer's hard drive through your web browser [if you allow this] that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and
announcements of upcoming events, and important information related to SkywardairVirtual.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
● To maintain your status as an active pilot.
- Your information helps us to update your profile, as well as keep track of your progress and hours while flying for the virtual Special Operations Airline.
● To personalize your experience
- Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
● To improve our website.
- We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
● To improve our operations.
- Your information helps us to effectively streamline our operations as a virtual Special Operations Airline.
● To administer a contest or promotion or run an event such as those conducted on the VATSIM and/or IVAO networks.
● To send periodic e-mails.
- The e-mail address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
SkywardairVirtual will not retain your data after you have been deleted from our Pilot Rosters. You may terminate your membership and therefore delete your data at any time by contacting us and requesting to terminate your SkywardairVirtual account.
We do not and never sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties any of your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties powered by VAM Virtual Airline Manager who assist us in operating our website or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
We will be transparent about our practices so that you can make meaningful choices about how your personal information is used. If we make a material change, we will provide
prominent notice by posting a notice on our service on this website page and/or we will notify you through our discord channel, or by email (if you have provided an email address to us).
User data collected by SkywardairVirtual is managed by the SkywardairVirtual management team. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of our personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. Please note that we cannot guarantee that any data transmission over the internet is completely secure. Our email address for this team is privacy@SkywardairVirtual.org.